Eglise Saint-Jean-au-Marché

Troyes

Address

Eglise Saint-Jean-au-Marché
Rue Mignard - Place du marché au Pain
10000 TROYES

  Add to cart

Church located in the Champagne fairs district. Louis le Bègue was crowned here in 878. Catherine of France married Henry V of England here (1420). Baptism of St. Marguerite Bourgeoys, founder of the Congregation of Our Lady of Montréal (1620). Eightspan nave with side-aisles (14th to 16th centuries). Raised choir. Large altarpiece: picture by Mignard, a Troyes painter. Marble and copper tabernacle by Girardon, the Troyes sculptor. Altarpiece in the apse (attributed to Juliot). Numerous windows. In the south chapel, the Visitation, a stone group worthy of note by the Troyes School (beginning of the 16th century)

Quality standards

Monument historique

Information

Languages

Receptionfr

Périodes

Monday14:0018:00
Friday14:0018:00
Saturday14:0018:00
Sunday14:0018:00

What to do around "Eglise Saint-Jean-au-Marché" ?

Radius

Type

Categories

Point of interest