Gothic-style church, it is dedicated to Saint John the Baptist and contains countless statues harmoniously declining from Champagne art to Italian art. Construction of the choir began at the end of the 12th century, the nave and side chapels were built from 1531 to 1548. It is famous for its “Entombment” carried out in 1515 and its gilded wood crib dating from the 16th century. The church can be visited like a museum where the countless sculptures are harmoniously declined from Champagne art to Italian art. We will also notice an organ classified as a Historic Monument in perfect working order. The carved wooden sideboard and the twisted columns date from the end of the 17th century. The instrumental part composed of twenty-five games is the work of Louis Le Bé (1698). Open daily from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. from April to October and from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. from November to March. The Othe Armance Tourist Office offers guided tours by reservation. Contact the Chaource Tourist Information Office on +33 (0) 3 25 40 97 22.
Last updated on 23/09/2022 - Office de Tourisme Othe Armance