The current castle, dominating the Seine was built in 1754 according to the plans of François-Nicolas Lancret who designed a house framed in a French style park including perspectives and ornamental pond. The architect endowed the castle with all the modern comfort. In 1780 the domain fell to Antoine-Jean Terray who modernized the inside, created the monumental staircase and the big dining room. To match the romantic taste of the time, a landscaped garden with exotic species is substituted to the original park. During the French revolution the castle is declared “national property” and the contents sold in 1605 pieces.At the beginning of the 20th century, Count Gérard de Rohan-Chabot decides to restore the castle and the park according to the 18th century plans of Lancret. The French style park is redrawn. The Marchioness de Maillé resumed her father’s work with the recommendation of architect Claude Hodanger and decorator Victor Grandpierre. The castle is furnished with works of art and furniture from the 18th century cabinet makers. Raymond Subes designed the majestic gate of honour. In 1969 the marchioness de Maillé gave the castle and the domain of la Motte-Tilly to the Center of National Monuments. In 2005 the Center of National Monuments created in the park a “Tilletum”: a remarkable collection of 73 different species of trees. The collection has been awarded in 2010 a quality label by the academy of vegetable collections. Since March 2011 the park is a “remarkable garden”. It shows to the general public the gardens whose drawing and maintenance are of a noticeable level.